It has been a really long time since anyone has guessed my age correctly. When I tell them how old I am, I’m usually greeted with a shocked expression of disbelief. I’ve always had a “young” looking face but I’ve also done a great deal to take care of it. It became even more important to take care of my skin in my 30s and especially after I turned 40 last fall. These are some of the products that have worked for me and some new products that I’ve included in my skincare regimen.
Clarisonic Mia / Purity Cleanser / Missha Time Revolution Essence / The Face Shop V-Lifting Toner / Mizon Time Capsule Essence / Mizon Night Repair Seruming Ampoule / The Face Shop V-Lifting Emulsion / La Mer Moisturizing Cream / Mizon Snail Wrinkle Care Sleep Mask / La Mer Lip Balm
- Clarisonic Mia– I have been using the Clarisonic for at least 5 years and it has made a tremendous difference in my skin. I tend to have huge pores right next to my nose and cheeks but because I’ve been using the Clarisonic, my pores are always clean so you can barely see them if at all. It is pricey but it lasts forever– you just have to replace the brush head. I only use this at nighttime and always rinse the brush and leave the brush head off to dry otherwise I’ve noticed it starts to smell a bit mildewy.
- Purity Cleanser– I adore this mild cleaner. It’s never harsh and it works so well with the Clarisonic! My face always feels so clean. I buy the giant 32 oz bottle with a pump at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. It usually lasts me a little over a year.
- Missha Time Revolution Essence– I first heard about this from various bloggers and my cousin swears by this stuff and I can see why. It leaves my skin feeling rejuvenated and softer. This is a new favorite product of mine.
- The Face Shop V-Lifting Toner– I’ve been using the Flebote Collagenic line from The Face Shop for a couple of years now. As we age, we lose elasticity in our skin and I feel like this line has restored it and has made my skin dewy and softer.
- Mizon Time Capsule Essence– This product is something I’ve added to my skincare in the past few months. It came as a recommendation from Peach & Lily to reduce acne scars and some hyperpigmentation. I have some discoloration and old acne scars from my late 20s and early 30s. This whitening essence has helped reduce its appearance and the bottle is just so pretty! If you are someone who suffers with acne and feels like you have tried everything already, you may be interested in knowing that there could be another way of dealing with it.
- Mizon Night Repair Seruming Ampoule– This product was also recommended to me by Peach & Lily. (I emailed them about my skincare concerns and what products they would recommend and they sent me a very detailed email about what would work for my skin. Such good customer service!) This product is supposed to delay/prevent early signs of aging and combat uneven skin tone & dark spots. I like it so far!
- The Face Shop V-Lifting Emulsion-This is the other product from the Flebote Collagenic line from The Face Shop. It keeps my skin soft and supple.
- La Mer Moisturizing Cream– This has been a staple in my skincare arsenal for at least 10 years. I buy a big 3.4oz jar which lasts me at least 2-3 years. A little goes a long way to keep your skin moisturized and lessen the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Mizon Snail Wrinkle Care Sleep Pack– This was also recommended to me by Peach & Lily. Sleep masks are supposed to work with your skin’s regeneration cycle overnight to smoothen the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and scarring. You put it on as the last step in your skincare regimen and then wash it off in the morning. I swear this smooths out the forehead wrinkles overnight!
- La Mer Lip Balm– I’ve been using this for a couple of years when I noticed that the there were lines around the outline of my lips. It has helped to reduce those lines significantly. Also, when my lips are super chapped or windburned, I slather this on my lips generously and it “heals” and softens my lips over night.
I also use sheet masks once or twice a week. I tend to follow this order in applying my skincare products- toner, essence, serum, emulsion, and cream.
I’m always looking for the newest and best skincare products to try. Are there any skincare products that you swear by? What are some of your favorite skincare products?