I know everyone is going crazy over Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge but there’s SO MUCH more that Disneyland Resort has to offer than just that! There are so many different ways to have some summer fun at the Disneyland Resort! Did you hear the news that there’s a new musical show at Disney California Adventure? You’ll be bellowing “NANTS INGONYAMA BAGITHI BABA” and swaying to your favorite songs from “The Lion King!”
“Tales of the Lion King” is a new stage show that debuted on Friday, June 7th. There are multiple show times (11:30am, 12:45pm, 2:50pm, 4:05pm, and 5:15pm) at the Palisades Stage directly across from The Little Mermaid ride. Always check the Disneyland app for accurate show times and changes in schedule.
Tales of the Lion King
So what makes “Tales of the Lion King” a must see? If you’re a fan of “The Lion King,” you’ll love this new show! Simba’s story is told by 18 performers called the Storytellers of the Pride Lands. The scenic backdrop, props, and costumes all celebrate the spirit of Africa. I liked that the musical arrangements focused on the vocals and drums. You can learn more about the behind the scenes of the show here.
The show is about 20 minutes long. There’s a part in the show where the performers pick kids in the audience to teach them a dance and perform. If you want your child to participate, you should have them sit towards the front. The performance had me in tears at times because it was so beautiful! “Tales of the Lion King” will be here for a limited time this summer so don’t miss it! It makes me so excited for when “The Lion King” releases later this summer (July 19th).
Other Fun Things to Do:
- Ride Soarin’ Over California! It’s here until June 30th! (I really missed this!)
- Try the NEW Brunch at Lamplight Lounge (on Saturdays or Sundays from 8:15am-12pm) Make reservations here. You can see more pictures on my Facebook post.
- Watch Mickey’s PhilharMagic at Hollywood Land. It’s a short 3D animated movie featuring Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and some of your favorite Disney movies!
- Ride Jessie’s Critter Carousel on Pixar Pier. The critters are so cute and the line queue has shade!
- Interact with your favorite Marvel Super Heroes in Hollywood Land. Here’s an IGTV of A’s two favorites- Thor and Loki!
- Meet and greet with Fancy Nancy! She’s usually at Hollywood Land by the “Disney Junior Dance Party” and near the Animation Studio.
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind ride will be opening soon this summer so keep an eye out for that. I’ll update you guys when I hear more about it!
- Bo Peep will also be coming to Pixar Pier for meet and greets soon! So excited for this!!
- World of Color is back and better than ever!
- Disneyland Forever fireworks returns! If you want to see the whole thing- here’s Magical Kinda Mama’s IG Highlight!
- Watch Mickey’s Soundsational Parade at Disneyland! There are two show times (3:30pm and 6pm).
- See the newly refurbished Sleeping Beauty Castle in all it’s pink, blue and gold glory!! So many great photo ops at ever angle!
I’m Blocked Out So Now What?
If you’re blocked out from Disneyland this summer, check your pass to see if you can still go to Disney California Adventure! If you’re blocked out from both, there’s still so many ways to have some summer fun at the Disneyland Resort by visiting Downtown Disney or any of the Disneyland Resort Hotels.
- Check out the World of Disney for all of the latest Disney merchandise.
- There are so many new restaurants to grab a meal- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes, Ballast Point Brewing Company, newly renovated Naples Ristorante e Bar and Napolini Pizzeria plus yummy ice cream at Salt & Straw.
- Pop-Up Disney! A Mickey Celebration is such a fun experience for guests of all ages! Check out my blog post here and you can make a reservation here. Prices start at $30 and is here for a limited time.
- There are so many places to shop too! We checked out Sugarboo & Co. which was so so cute and will be checking out Rinse Bath & Body Co. soon. Rinse is located outside security near the Disneyland Hotel.
Disneyland Resort Hotels
- Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures at Napa Rose is such a wonderful and special experience. The food is divine and we had an amazing time. You can read more about it here.
- A Very Merry Unbirthday Tea Party at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel is a new afternoon tea party. It looks super cute and I’m thinking of booking it for A’s unbirthday. I’ll post more when/after we go. You can find out more about it here.
- Tangaroa Terrace is also located at the Disneyland Hotel near Trader Sam’s and has such good food. You can mobile order your food on the Disneyland app and even enjoy a Dole Whip float with a splash or more of rum!
- More character dining experiences:
If you REALLY want to check out Galaxy’s Edge before the reservation system lifts on June 24th, you can still book a hotel at one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels to get a reservation to Galaxy’s Edge. You will still need to purchase park tickets.
Will you be taking advantage of these ways to experience some summer fun at the Disneyland Resort?
Thank you Disneyland PR for our one day park hopper tickets and for brunch. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Tags : disneyland