I love sharing with you guys products and resources that we love. But I LOVE it even more if it’s free or a good deal. Due to Covid-19, many of you are either homeschooling or distance learning. So I rounded up some FREE homeschool resources to help you in your education journey with your kids. I tried to find things for learners of all ages! Homeschooling doesn’t have to be expensive. There are so many free homeschool resources out there. I tried to narrow down the choices because there were so many which can be overwhelming. I’ll continue to share throughout the year but without further ado, here are 70 FREE homeschool resources!
- Dad’s Worksheets provides math worksheets for K-6th grade, organized by grade level and math concept.
- Math Drills has thousands of math drill worksheets from coins, addition, fractions, integers, statistics, and more. It’s organized by math concept.
- Math Salamanders also has thousands of free math worksheets for K-6, games and puzzles.
- Math-Aids has free math worksheets covering over 94 different topics for K-12. They have an ad free membership area that you can join for $19.95/year.
- Free Math Program has free math worksheets for grades 1-5. It lists all the skills for that grade level and has practice pages you can print.
- Comprehensive School Mathematics Program has free lesson plans, worksheets, and story books to teach math for K-6.
- Hooda Math has some cute math games for kids to play.
- School Yourself provides free online interactive lessons by award winning Harvard instructors. You can learn anything from addition to Calculus!
- K12 Reader is a great resource for Language Arts for K-12. They have spelling words, reading skills, grammar, writing, and vocabulary.
- Crystal & Co is a great resource for PRESCHOOL. She has an awesome and free Letter of the week craft that we did when A was preschool age.
- Create Printables is a great site to create personalized printing pages for handwriting or words. It’s especially great for handwriting practice. You can create worksheets for your child to practice writing their names!
- Moby Max is an online language arts program for K-8. There’s also a paid program that includes additional features.
- Core Knowledge Language Arts is free for PreK-3rd and select materials are free for 4th and 5th grade.
- Copy Cat Books is a free site for handwriting practice. They also have Bible verses.
- Dreamscape is a free online reading game.
- Progressive Phonics is an all in one reading program. It has books, handwriting pages, activities pages, and sight words that can be downloaded and printed.
Free Curriculum & Worksheets
- Khan Academy is a FREE online curriculum for up to high school. It’s web based!
- Easy Peasy is an all inclusive FREE homeschool curriculum up to high school. I’ve heard great things about this from many people!
- Miniature Masterminds has a lot of FREE curriculum for PreK-2nd Grade.
- 123 Homeschool 4 Me has thousands and thousands of free printables for all ages- from toddlers to high school.
- Under the Home is Charlotte Mason inspired and books can be found in the public domain. (Books in the public domain mean there are no copyrights so you can find copies of it on the Internet.)
- Discovery K12 is another FREE online homeschool curriculum for K-12. Kid accounts are free but there’s an optional parent account that you have to pay for.
- Old Fashioned Education is a Charlotte Mason inspired program that is Christian based.
- Ambleside Online is another Charlotte Mason inspired curriculum for K-12. It is also Christian based and relies on books in the public domain.
- Keeping My Kiddo Busy is a great site for toddlers/primary/early elementary aged kids. There are tons of free resources as well as their TpT store.
- ABCya has tons of educational games.
- Guest Hollow has a lot of free printables!
- Homeschool Buyers Co-op has a lot of free printables and resources. You can search by category or age.
- CK-12 offers open textbooks for K-12 on a variety of subjects.
- Project Gutenburg gives you access to over 600,000 ebooks. You can download them or read them online.
- TSL Books has lots of free worksheets for PreK-6th grade.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium is offering free online courses from PreK-12. You just have to create an account on their website.
- Here is a Free Science unit based on Magic School Bus books and shows geared towards K-2nd grade . (180 days of lessons with clickable links.) This is another list of lessons and activities for the Magic School Bus.
- Mystery Science has some science lessons for free during the pandemic for K- 5th grade.
- Teach Preschool Science has 75 science lessons that are great for Preschool to first grade.
- JPL/NASA has tons of free science lessons for various grade levels! You can search by grade level and topic.
- Geography 4 Kids has lots of info on earth science.There are additional websites linked below on various science topics from the same team!
I don’t have as many Social Studies or History links because I want to find more resources that are not biased but also age/grade level appropriate.
- Ben and Me has a free 50 States Unit Study.
- Teaching Tolerance has tons of resources for anti-bias education.
- Zinn Educational Project has a lot of resources for older students. They had some for younger but not as much.
- History 4 Kids has a lot of resources for various historical events. There are games, videos, lessons, and worksheets that is probably best for upper elementary and up. It was started by a 14 year old from Dublin, Ireland when he was working on a school project!
- Ben’s Guide to The US Government has some good basic information about the US Government.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga offers free yoga videos but also has a paid service without ads.
- GoNoodle has fun dance and exercise videos!
- Koo Koo Kangaroo has songs and videos that kids can dance along to.
- Kids Health offers downloadable lesson plans on health for K-12.
- Fit4School has health units for K-5 to practice skills and bring awareness to various health related topics. They also have little Fit Boost activities you can do with a timer.
- I LOVE Art Hub For Kids and have been using them so much this year. They have free Youtube art lessons! It’s great for K-8th grade.
- Draw So Cute has been another great art channel on Youtube that we have enjoyed!
- Arttango offers free art lessons for K-5th grade. Lessons are written out but there are videos also available.
- Free Online Art Classes are great for older kids (6th and up) and provide art instruction via videos.
- Kinder Art provides art lessons for PreK- 12th grade and is organized by grade level.
- Hodgepodge has a list of 100 chalk pastel art lessons.
- Duolingo offers foreign language lessons for 25 different languages! It’s interactive and keeps track of progress. They also have an app.
- 123 Teach Me offers Spanish language lessons.
- Fun Mom has free Korean worksheets and lots of other printables.
Free Typing Programs
Other Helpful Free Resources
- Archive has millions of free books, movies, music that you can virtually check out.
- Read Aloud Revival has an awesome podcast as well as book list recommendations.
- I love PDF is such a great site to combine pdfs, split them up, rearrange them- virtually anything you want to do with a PDF can be done here.
- Photo Math app helps solve hard math problems. It gives you a step by step explanation of the equation.
- Evan Moore is offering a free PDF of their Fundamentals book for grades 1-6. Kids practice reading, math and language skills every day.
- Padia Press has a free 94 page resource on the history of pandemics. It says it’s for K-12 (ages 5 and up) but a lot of it for older kids. It can be used to teach about what a pandemic is and how the world responded the last time there was one.
- Code Academy teaches you how to code (learn html, python) It’s all web based.
I hope these free homeschool resources were helpful for you! Some of these free homeschool resources can be used in distance learning as well as homeschooling. They can be used to help supplement your child’s education. Let me know if you have any questions!
Other homeschooling posts you may like: