Hi Friends! Here are some of the things I talked about on IG stories today (8/6/20), in case you missed it.
- Remember: You set the TONE for your homeschool or distance learning classroom/situation. The things that are happening right now are NOT ideal but we do have to make the best of it, Not necessarily for our sake but for our kids.
- My favorite Homeschool Curriculum Review Site is Cathy Duffy’s Reviews. I usually check out her review and also search for YouTube videos of a curriculum that I want to buy. I’ve gotten a lot of questions about curriculum choices and what I use.. and I just want to add that choosing curriculum is sort of like choosing skincare- what works for me might not work for you!
- Make the first day special- we take pictures with first day of school chalkboard. I bought some special and fun school supplies that I’ll give to her on the first day of school. We work on our handprint t-shirt. We also will do a first day of school portrait where she draws a picture of herself and fills out a questionnaire. On the last day of school, we do another one and compare! Below are some supplies for the first day of school and the handprint t-shirt.
- Use the Notes section in your phone to scan documents. I show you how to do it here!
- Download PhotoMath to help with hard math problems!
- Follow my hashtag #lovestalgiaschoolhouse on Instagram where I’ll be sharing homeschooling tips throughout the year!
- Don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter (I only send it once or twice a month!) for more tips and to stay connected!